Thursday, May 28, 2009

Mural Painting Reflection [4]

Mural Painting Reflection [4]
Mavis Loberas (2E2)‏
In celebration of Damai Secondary's 15th Anniversary, fifteen murals have been drawn and painted in HDB blocks located nearby the school. In each of these murals, a CCA is assigned to paint the mural at hand, and each CCA is supervised by at least two art club members. Through my participation of this event, I have discovered that the most important qualities are teamwork and friendship. Priscilla and I have been assigned to block 717, where the design we are to supervise was swimming. The CCA group we have been assigned to was the Drama Club. We were all strangers to each other, but during this, Priscilla and I have gotten along well with these Drama Club members. Even though we did not see it, some sort of friendship was established, and we worked well through the process of painting (though we were only doing touchups, I enjoyed spending time after school to foresee this activity).
Teamwork is an important quality whether it is in or out of school. We need to build this team spirit: anything we need to do such as project work or even surviving marooned in an island would end up in disaster if we do not work together. Teamwork does not exist without friendship, because it would be very hard to work with a person if you do not get along well with them. With these qualities, personally I learned to be more social with people who I did not know, and that it taught me that it is possible to work together if we all have the task set in our heads.
One thing I enjoyed about the painting process was the chance to pick up a brush and color in between the lines of the mural. It may seem rather ridiculous, but I never really got the chance to paint the walls of my own home because I've been thought that I would create a grand mess. If there would be a chance for another mural painting, I know I would be interested

Teo Wei Suen(1E1)
I think that teamwork is very important in order to do a good job in the painting. The success of the mural painting was largely because of our good team-work. We must have an organized co-operation and combined effort to have a good job in the painting.
Teamwork is also the spirit of caring for others in your group and to help them, to support them and to win together. It can be done in our daily lives by a combined effective action of a group.
The mural painting has helped to promote friendship and teamwork in my CCA group. As we helped each other when they needed our help. And now, we are strong ties of friendship between the members of the club.
I truthfully enjoyed painting the mural pictures and it yields high interest and creativity


Darrell Lim(3E2)
Although the mural painting activity was a tough one, but it all ended well. To tell the truth, I really liked it a lot, especially the murals and I had a lot of fun. I think that the mural paintings can successfully ended because of the teamwork between the Art Club members and the various CCA groups. They helped each other in order to finish the job ASAP. On the first session, Tiffany and I were assigned to Choir, however, we were told to help with the Netballers. I think it’s because they have more murals to paint than the Choir. We really enjoyed helping the Netballers. The most important part in this activity is teamwork. It allows people to work together and get the job done as fast as possible. If people are not working individually instead of as a whole, they will not get the job done and not as successful as expected.
The last session, I helped out with the ‘Dancers’ in their murals. They need a quite a few people to help out because they have two murals and there are a few of them to finish up with the work. The other Art members helped out too. I really enjoyed in helping with the Dance Club members, as they were very kind towards students from other CCAs, concentrate on their work, and did their very best in completing the mural. I really admire the team spirit in the various CCA groups that I worked with. They were very focused in their painting and they helped each other. I hoped that we will have another chance to work with the various CCAs again. :D

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Art Club. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree