Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Damai 15 Anniversary Mural Painting Reflection (1)

Mural painting reflection[1]
Jasmine See (3E1)
I feel that art techniques and full concentration are necessary in order to do a good job in the painting. If a person’s art techniques are not grasped fully, the end product would not be as nice as compared to a person whose art techniques are very good. Even although good art techniques can only be used for those students who takes art, full concentration applies to everyone in their daily lives. Being fully focused in everything we do often leads to successful attempts in the things we do. Participating in the mural painting activity lets me have a sense of belonging to the CCA, as I seldom interact with the other CCA members, and lets me understand the importance of teamwork and friendship. Having a cooperative team allows us to work things out faster and more effectively. Therefore, this mural painting experience allows me to have the chance to make more friends. I enjoyed helping in the painting of the mural as I love to paint and I would not be so bored if I had something to do besides assisting the CCA group. Overall, the mural painting activity is very meaningful as it portrays the various activities in the upcoming 2010 Youth Olympic Games and allows the students to be more actively involved.

Cheng Kailin (3E1)
Today experience was a first for me. I was allocated to help NCC in the mural painting however I thought mural painting might be difficult but turned out to be quite quickly done as the NCC members done their own job well thus it was completed before the time limit which was 5pm. At the end of the day it was pretty well done as we coated the colours more than once. I think we did a good job on it. Though some people who are suppose to attend did not come we managed to complete it anyway. I think all of us think we did well for the wall and it is a good experience for me to be able to work with new people and one who I met once in the sec 3 camp.

Tiffany Soh (3E1)
Darrell and I was tasked to collaborate with the Choir members on painting the rowing themed mural. We went over to paint with the netballers and band members shortly after as the choir members were doing a great job without our presence. So Dajing called Darrell to tell us that we could help out at painting with the band members...

What i found out most importantly from this project is that it takes a group to coordinate well. Everyone takes their own position, the spot which they were suppose to paint. We don't cross over to other people's spot, so as to ensure we won't bumped onto others which in turn create a mess on that particular spot. I was amazed... I found something which amazes me a lot... Yesterday, i came to realize that in each and every person, (or almost all) there's a hidden artistic ability in them... the band members, netballers were all very careful in making sure that they paint properly and ensure no mistakes were made... Like dripping paint onto other parts, or like paint out of the region and etc... and some can really ''mask'' well! I was truly impressed by it...

Yesterday was a great moment to catch up with one of my junior from student leader who also went with me for the China Twinning Trip as well as with one of my teachers who were overlooking the students on this. I believe all CCA group involved in this project would establish a great rapport among them.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Art Club. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree