Saturday, April 17, 2010

After all their hard work and efforts, these are the reflections of those who participated in syf... good luck for the 2nd round of syf!! =P

Koh Xing Ying (3E1)
It is an honor to me able to participate in such a huge event like the SYF. I've truly enjoyed myself during the process of preparing our syf seal carving item.It was no easy task completing our final piece.All thanks to our instructor, Mr Lee and my team mates, we were able to complete a wonderful final artwork. We have recently receive the news of being in to the second round, I hope we are able to get some awards to do our school proud. Go, Damaians!

Priscilla Shih (3E4)
It is a rare opportunity to be able to participate in syf. Even though the theme was a bit hard, my grp members and I spent a lot of time researching and brainstorming on what is related to the theme. But under the guidance of our instructor, Mr Lee, we are able to complete the final product. Even though we had stayed back almost every friday to rush out carving the stones before the dateline, but after seeing the end product, I think the hardwork and efforts put in were worthwhile. For all the efforts we had put in, we are in for the second round of syf, I hope that each one of us can do our very best in creating the best end product!

Huang DaJing (4E1)
This is my second time participating in SYF, it is a different experience as compared to what I experienced in sec 2. This time round, we are less dependent on our instructor as we had a better idea of the things that we are suppose to do and??it is more challenging for us as we are determined to achieve a better result in the competition. Although we had to stay back for extra sessions to complete our work, I find it quite enjoyable, and I had a good time working with my teammates and teachers too. Completing the artwork with my friends gives me sense of achievement and I think that this is a very good experience for me. Ps: Thank You to Mr Lee for guiding us throughout!:)
Chia Chin Wei (3E1)
I felt honor that I could participate in this competition. Although I find it difficult to finish carving the seals and brainstorms for new ideas, I truly had lots of fun during the process in finishing up the work. After everything were done, I am very satisfied with the end product and everyone in the team had also put in a lot of effort. Thus it is a great experience for me to participate in this competition. :)

Cheryl Ong (3E4)
This is the first time I participated in the SYF competitions. I find that the process is difficult and tiring. We took a long time to complete all the seals. It took a lot of hard work to finally finish our art piece. A lot of research was done on the theme itself. It took us a long time to find the right pictures and the right phrases to suit the theme. But in the end the end product was great and it was worth all the time effort and troubles. Hopefully we can win a prize in SYF competitions. 
Yee Chin (4E2)
This is my last year of taking part of the seal carving SYF. I felt that I am lucky as my batch can participate 2 SYFs instead of 1. This time round we did put alot of effort on the carvings by carving more difficult pictures and words. We also put in a new color combinations in it too. In this SYF, i felt that the bonds between friends are much closer as we spent quite alot of times doing the project together. Upon hearing that we had gotten in the first round of audition, my friends and I were so happy about it. It is because we really did our best in it. I hope that this year we could achieve the gold with honour award because we think that we really deserve this pay back. This will not only bring the glory to our school but also our very own Art club.

Hsiao Ju Ling (4E3)

The stone carving that we carved represents the friendship and cohesiveness among different countries. We, Damaians divided ourselves among different groups and each group played their roles in this sculpture. Every group carved theme word and these words displayed our keen interest in participating in the SYF.
Tiffany Soh (4E1)
I am very glad to be involved in this year's Art SYF, especially i had truly enjoyed myself this year working hard for OUR GOAL. :)
Everyone dedicated their heart and souls into making fine and exquisite pieces of seals. We aimed for perfection in our work - From the search of profound words to how we should align the seals in the box, we gave in our very best. We all shared a common goal, that is: To be awarded Gold for this SYF.
I really would like to express my gratitude and heartfelt thanks to our great Coach, Mr Lee. He has been a great coach, guiding us and even cracking jokes to help us de-stress...Chinese Calligraphy enables you to develop many virtues such as Patience, and the thirst for knowledge. I've developed an even deeper interest for Chinese Culture. Thank you Mr Lee!

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Art Club. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree