Wednesday, March 24, 2010

reflection for yog CAN! festival kite workshop

On the 27th of february, 7 of our members went to the YOG CAN! festival. they had fun there.. did u noe tat they even appeared on the newspaper?? anyway, these are their reflections below^^

Kee Wen Wen (2a2)
i'm kee wen wen... my reflection on 27-2-10 sat... on 27-2-10 9 of us from art club went to learn to made a kites...it was fun and very very hot day!!...and the place was very nice. over there we can made our own bag , kites , badges and other. I even design my own badges... it was a very tired and fun day...it so fun!!! i have a very good memory over there..

Wei Suen (2e1)
I really enjoyed the trip to marina barrage and the CAN! Create kite workshop, although the weather was very hot. We learnt how to make kites, which I didn’t have a chance to do it before and it seems very easy to do it, but when I tried it, it was actually so difficult! And I always ask my other friends to help me out, and they were very willing to help me. From this, I learnt that we can also build up our teamwork and friendship. But I think that the time management for this activity is not as good, as it starts at 12.30 to 2.30, which eats up our lunch time, and we have to eat after that. But overall, I liked the trip!

Jasmine See (4E1)
I feel that this workshop is very enjoyable and meaningful as we can have the chance to participate in the creating kite competition which is held in preparation for the upcoming 2010 YOG (169 days to the YOG=169 kites) It was a bit tiring, but I had a lot of fun during the workshop, as this is the first time that I can create a kite and decorate it, as well as I can write down my wishes towards Singapore being in the YOG. I hope that I can have another chance to take part in similar events.

Wong Jia Min (2e1)
I was very excited because this was my first time taking MRT trains without parents' company, first time making badge and kite. I was perspiring continuously because the weather was hot and sunny. Luckily there were free canned cold coke! Making badge was very fun and easy, just draw on a round coloured paper and the people at there would help us make it into a badge. I have been wanting to make my own badge for a long time and finally got the chance to do it! Making kite was very difficult because there were many steps to follow and the string kept getting tangled. I did not know how to untie the knots, so had to ask many people to help me. I think this workshop is very meaningful because it allows us to experience things which most of us have not tried before and it allows us to have more resilience during the kite making.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Art Club. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree